There is ample parking on the roads surrounding Don Ross Secondary and also in the parking lot of Brackendale Elementary School. There will be volunteers directing vehicles to available parking and areas where parking is prohibited will be clearly marked.
There are many great places for people to watch the event and cheer on the athletes.
- Alice Lake:There is no parking at Alice Lake so spectators must park near the highway and walk in.
- Government Rd & Squamish Valley Rd: Again parking will be limited here but it is a great venue from which to see the cycling and run portions of the event.
- Don Ross Secondary: Here people can watch the cyclists coming into the transition and heading out on the run as well as being able to see the finishers do a final lap of the track as they come into the finish area. A market place will be set up on the infield area here to keep spectators entertained during the event. A wide variety of refreshments will be for sale here.
- There is a zero tolerance for dogs at the lake, on the bike course and on the run course. Out of respect for the large number of people that will be at the school that day we ask that you please leave your dogs at home.
Race Day Procedure
- Arrive at Don Ross Secondary School before 7:00 am.
- Set up Bike / Run transition.
- Proceed to the tents on the infield area of the track for Body Marking, Swim Caps, and Timing Chips.
- Either ride to the lake or get your bike loaded onto a truck and then board one of the buses.
- Buses and trucks will be leaving the school every 15 minutes
- The first bus leaves at 7:00am; the last one leaves at 8:15am
- Attempting to leave the school after 8:15 may result in missing the race.
- Set up Swim / Bike Transition at the lake. This transition opens at 7:00 am.
- Please note: Swimmers who take longer than 50 minutes may not be able to complete the course.
- Race Start: 9:30am Sharp!
- The race finishes with a 3/4 lap of the track at Don Ross Secondary.
After enjoying all the great "apres food" please remove bikes and other valuables from the transition area! The Bike / Run transition will only be secure until 1pm.
The awards ceremony will begin as close to 1:30pm as possible.