The swim takes place at Alice Lake Provincial Park.
- Both race distances are single lap course that start and finish at the Main Beach.
- Wet suits are optional however the majority of athletes do choose to wear one.
- Swimmers who take longer than 50 minutes may not be able to complete the course.
- The swim EXIT is at the start point.
- The swim starts at 9:30am SHARP and will go in 4 waves at 3 minute intervals:
|1st Wave||Men 39 years and under||9:30 am|
|2nd Wave||Men and Women 40 and over||9:33 am|
|3rd Wave||Women 39 years and under||9:36 am|
|4th Wave||Relays||9:39 am|
|5th Wave||Sprint||9:41 am|
Olympic Swim Course
- Swimmers will swim in a clockwise direction around the first buoy (#1), the raft (#2) at the far end of the lake and the third buoy (#3) in the centre of the lake.
- Swimmers will then swim counter-clockwise around the last buoy (#4) for the home stretch back to the START/EXIT.
- Olympic Distance Map
Sprint Swim Course
- Swimmers will swim in a clockwise direction around the first buoy (#1), then second buoy (#2) and then back to the START/EXIT.
- Sprint Distance Map
- A kayak will lead the first heat of swimmers.
- Safety is our priority!
- 4 kayaks will be in the water.
- 8 lifeguards will be at various points around the lake.
- A search & rescue vessel is in the center of the lake.
- If you get into difficulties, roll over on your back and put your arm in the air.
- Each swimmer must wear the swim cap provided.
- Weak swimmers have the option of wearing a special coloured cap. It is their responsibility to ask for this when caps are given out at Body Marking